Theme: 21st Century eLearning
Transforming Education, Employment, and Economies
Welcome to the 2014 eLearning Innovations Conference and Expo!
Join us in Nairobi, Kenya and contribute to the theme of this annual international conference. It’s dedicated to ICT innovators, leaders, and educators seeking to enrich learning experiences using diverse technologies. Practitioners and scholars with an interest in eLearning and enriching how individuals and organizations learn, across all platforms and sectors are welcome.
The eLearning revolution is a defining feature of learning in the 21st century! In Africa in particular, eLearning is on a dramatic rise. eLearning applications deliver learning that will not only transform individuals, organizations, and communities but have the potential to transform national economies. The conference presentations will focus on how ICTs (computers, laptops, tablets, mobile phones, etc.) are transforming:
- The Education & Training practices
- Employability skills and Workforce development
- Economic opportunities/development
July 29-31, 2014: 3-Day Expo The conference will be held at the prestigious five-star Safari Park Hotel & Casino. You will enjoy amazing sights and sounds, and gorgeous sceneries before, during or after the event.
Why You Should Count Yourself in?
This international conference offers you:
- exceptional professional development opportunities of over 70 presentations
- extensive business-development opportunities
- unique networking among diverse stakeholders from the corporate, academic, government, and the NGO sectors
- space to initiate or develop collaborative learning initiatives
- authentic African-based experiences in a 5-star hotel
- a diverse representation of local, regional, and international delegates
It’s all about Learning!
Learning is at the core of all the presentations and in particular the use of Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) to enhance learning. The rich-media presentations and speakers will discuss how various technologies are used to deliver learning. The term e-learning encompasses is used here as an umbrella term representing all modes of distance education that integrate electronic applications (Web-based, computers, mobile devices, etc.). 2013 Learning Testimonials from the 2013 conference evaluations. It’s all about 21st century learning - that is learner focused, collaborative, accessible, and innovative. Presentations will feature eLearning in its various forms of delivery:
- Mobile learning (mLearning)
- Computer-based instructional approaches (online learning)
- Blended approaches (combination of various media)
2014 Conference Partners
The 2014 eLearning Innovations Conference and Expo is a collaborative learning event, brought to you by Talents Coaching and Consulting Kenya (TALENTS) and the Public Service Commission (Kenya) and our dedicated team of our Program Committee members. The diverse team of thought leaders, volunteers, and speakers who have taken on various leadership roles is acknowledged.
- 3-day Conference & Expo: 29th – 31st July, 2014
- Expert Panels from all sectors
- Internationally-recognized keynote speakers
- Presenters in break-out sessions
- 180 second video presentations
- Round table & Poster sessions
- Networking events including a cocktail reception
- Expo showcasing eLearning products & services
“The illiterate of the 21st Century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn” Alvin Toffler *eLearning is an umbrella term that refers to the “delivery of educational content or learning experiences delivered or enabled by electronic technology via a Web browser, synchronously and/or asynchronously. This could be over the public Internet or a private Intranet, with or without interactive features such as e-mail, chats, bulletin boards, and discussion groups. It also may include links to other resources and/or an online facilitator(s). It is synonymous with Web-based training and online learning. (Mungania, 2004).
For more information about attending, registration, sponsorship and/or exhibition opportunities, please contact us.